If you’re looking for an eco-friendly solution to your RV’s bathroom needs, a compost toilet is the perfect choice. Compost toilets are a waterless, odorless alternative to conventional sewage systems, and they come in various shapes and sizes to suit your RV. In this blog post, we’ll go over the benefits of compost toilets, what to look for when shopping for one, key considerations for choosing the best compost toilet for your RV, cost comparisons, and more. Get ready to learn everything you need to know about compost toilets for RVs!
#Table of Contents
Comparison on: Top 03 best compost toilet for rv
Now that we have narrowed down our top three picks, let’s dive into the details of each compost toilet to determine which one is the best fit for your RV.
Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet with Close Quarters Spider Handle Design
- Easy to install – no maintenance required.
- 5 year warranty on the product.
- Large capacity – two people using it full time can empty it only every 4-6 weeks.
- Easy to empty in just 5 minutes.
- Vast improvement over older composting toilet designs.
- High quality customer service and individual support.
- Lightweight and easy to transport.
- Perfect for RV and boats.
- Odorless and eco-friendly.
- Affordable and reliable.
Are you looking for an efficient and environmentally friendly toilet for your RV? Look no further than Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet with Close Quarters Spider Handle Design! This toilet is specifically designed to fit in tight spaces, making it perfect for RV bathrooms.
Before I got the Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet, I was using a traditional toilet in my RV. This was not only inefficient and wasteful, but it was also taking up too much space. I was frustrated with the lack of options available for RV toilets, until I came across Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet.
The design of the toilet is narrow, with a width of just 18.5 inches and depth of 16 inches. This makes it perfect for small spaces like RV bathrooms. It is also lightweight, weighing only 24 pounds. The toilet is made from durable corrosion-proof polyethylene, ensuring it can withstand the elements. Furthermore, the toilet comes with a five-year warranty, so you can rest assured knowing your purchase is protected.
Installation was a breeze. Even for someone like me who doesn’t consider themselves to be particularly handy, I was able to get it up and running in no time. I was also impressed by how user-friendly the toilet was. It takes only three days for the waste to break down, and it requires significantly less water than a traditional toilet. Furthermore, it produces absolutely no odors and requires no maintenance.
Overall, I am extremely pleased with my purchase of the Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet with Close Quarters Spider Handle Design. It has been an absolute game changer for my RV, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an efficient and environmentally friendly toilet.
- Incredible customer service and individual support
- Easy to install with any reasonably handy person
- Absolutely no odor
- No maintenance
- 5 year warranty
- Huge capacity
- Easy empty in 5 minutes
- Narrow design and lightweight – only 15 inches wide and 16 inches deep and weighing only 24 pounds
- Corrosion-proof polyethylene construction
- Easy to install and suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Not suitable for heavy usage
- Limited to small spaces
- Not suitable for high water usage areas
- Expensive compared to other composting toilets
- Noisy operation
- May require additional ventilation
- Not suitable for extreme temperatures
- Can be difficult to clean
- May require additional maintenance
- May not be suitable for all environments
YITAHOME Portable Toilet 5.8 Gallon, Travel RV Potty with Level indicator, T-type Water Outlets, Anti-Leak Handle Water Pump, Rotating Spout, for Camping, Boating, Hiking, Trips
- Easy to install: Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet with Close Quarters Spider Handle Design is easy to install and requires no maintenance.
- 5-year warranty: This composting toilet comes with a 5-year warranty, so you can be sure it will last the distance.
- Large capacity: With a large capacity, two people using this toilet full time can empty it only every 4-6 weeks.
- Quick emptying: You can easily empty this toilet in 5 minutes, making it a vast improvement over older composting toilet designs.
- Excellent customer service: Nature’s Head provides unbeatable customer service and individual support.
- Unrivaled performance: This composting toilet truly works, offering unrivaled performance in the RV or boat industry.
Are you looking for the best compost toilet for your RV? Look no further because the YITAHOME Portable Toilet 5.8 Gallon, Travel RV Potty is the perfect potty for all your camping, boating, hiking, and trips. With its level indicator, T-type water outlets, anti-leak handle water pump, and rotating spout, you can rest assured that your bathroom needs are taken care of.
This RV toilet is made of high-density HDPE and PP material which has a maximum load of 441 lbs, making it ideal for adults, toddlers, kids, teenagers, truckers, and the elderly. It has a 3.2 gallon freshwater holding tank and 5.8 gallon waste-water holding tank, so you don’t need to worry about running out of water or needing to empty the tank frequently.
The anti-leak handle water pump is an added bonus to this potty as it ensures no water is wasted. The rotating spout also helps to distribute the water evenly throughout the potty for a better clean. Plus, it is lightweight and easy to assemble, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
Not only is the YITAHOME Portable Toilet 5.8 Gallon, Travel RV Potty useful for camping, boating, and hiking, but it is also great for construction sites, vans, mobile homes, and more. It even has a slide valve on the toilet to prevent against leakage and peculiar smell.
Overall, this compost toilet is a great addition to your RV and is sure to make your camping, boating, and hiking trips a lot more enjoyable. It is easy to assemble and use, and it is made of high-quality materials that are sure to last you a long time. Plus, with its level indicator, T-type water outlets, anti-leak handle water pump, and rotating spout, you can be sure that your bathroom needs are taken care of. So if you’re looking for the best compost toilet for your RV, look no further than the YITAHOME Portable Toilet 5.8 Gallon, Travel RV Potty.
- Made of high-density HDPE and PP material with strong structure and great durability.
- Large capacity with 8 Gallon (22L) waste-water holding tank allowing multiple uses.
- Level indicator design to let you know when it’s time to empty the waste water tank.
- T-type water outlets for more dispersed and comprehensive cleaning.
- Anti-leak handle water pump for easy operation and less water wastage.
- Rotating spout for even distribution of water throughout the potty.
- Lightweight and easy to assemble for convenience.
- Suitable for pregnant women, the elderly, patients, children, and more.
- Maximum load of 441 lbs may not be enough for some.
- May not be suitable for large number of people.
- Not suitable for every type of outdoor activities.
- Waterproof capability may not be sufficient for some outdoor activities.
- Limited features and amenities in comparison to other RV toilets.
- Not suitable for all types of RVs and caravans.
- Possible issues with the water pump and spout due to prolonged use.
- May be more expensive than other RV toilets.
YITAHOME Portable Toilet Integrated 6.3 Gallon, Camping RV Toilet with Level indicator, T-type Water Outlets, Anti-Leak Handle Pump, Rotating Spout, for Camping, Travel, Boating, Hiking, Trips
- High-quality Material: Made of high-density HDPE and PP material for strong structure and great durability; Maximum load of 441 lbs.
- Integrated Design: Like a household toilet, with a slide valve on the toilet for closing the waste to prevent leakage and odor.
- Large Capacity & Level Indicator: 5 gallon (17L) freshwater tank and 3 gallon (24L) waste-water holding tank with a level indicator to let you know when it’s time to empty the waste water tank.
- T-Type Water Outlets & Handle Flush Pump: T-type water outlets for more dispersed and effective cleaning; Handle pump allows you to operate more effortlessly to pressurize and flush the toilet.
- Multi-Purpose Use: Ideal for camping, travel, boating, hiking, trips, RVs, boats, mobile homes, trailers, marine, vans, construction sites, and more.
Are you looking for the best compost toilet for RV that is lightweight, durable, and provides you with the comfort of home? Look no further than YITAHOME Portable Toilet Integrated 6.3 Gallon, Camping RV Toilet with Level indicator, T-type Water Outlets, Anti-Leak Handle Pump, and Rotating Spout.
Before I bought this portable toilet, I found myself in many uncomfortable situations when I was out camping or traveling. From having to search for a public restroom to finding a spot to dig a makeshift latrine, I was desperate to find a better solution. That’s when I stumbled across YITAHOME’s portable toilet.
This toilet is made from high-density HDPE and PP materials with a precise molded process for superior strength and durability. It can support a maximum load of 441 lbs, making it suitable for toddlers, kids, teenagers, adults, truckers, and the elderly.
The integrated design of this compost toilet ensures that it looks like a household toilet and provides a comfortable experience. The tank can be easily detached from the bottom for easy disposal of sewage. Moreover, the rotating spout allows you to empty the tank without any splashing or mess. The toilet also has a slide valve to prevent against leakage and bad odors.
The RV toilet is designed with a large capacity of 4.5 gallons of freshwater and 6.3 gallons of waste-water. It also has a level indicator to let you know when the tank needs to be emptied. The T-type water outlets disperse the water more effectively and efficiently to clean up all the stains in the nooks and crannies. Additionally, the handle pump allows you to pressurize and flush the toilet with ease.
The portable potty is perfect for camping, traveling, boating, and hiking. It takes up minimal space and can be used in cars, RVs, boats, mobile homes, trailers, and construction sites. It is especially suitable for pregnant women, the elderly, patients, and children.
Overall, I’m extremely satisfied with this product. It’s lightweight, reliable, and spacious. The only downside is that it is a bit expensive. Nevertheless, it is worth the investment as it will last you for years with proper care. If you’re looking for a portable toilet that is comfortable and easy to use, I highly recommend YITAHOME Portable Toilet Integrated 6.3 Gallon.
- High-density HDPE and PP material ensures strong structure and great durability.
- Integrated design similar to a household toilet provides comfort.
- 5 gallon freshwater tank and 3 gallon waste-water holding tank for multiple uses.
- T-type water outlets for thorough cleaning.
- Handle pump design for easy operation.
- Portable and lightweight for easy transportation.
- Corrosion-resistant for long-lasting use.
- Vent system to minimize odors.
- Maximum load of 441 lbs may not be enough for adults and the elderly.
- Slide valve on the toilet may not be sufficient to prevent leakage and odors.
- Not suitable for larger RV toilets.
- Not ideal for long-term use.
- Not recommended for people with limited mobility.
- Replacement parts may be difficult to find.
What to Look for in a Compost Toilet for an RV
When deciding on the best compost toilet for your RV, it is important to consider a few key points, such as size and capacity, installation requirements, and maintenance requirements.
Size and Capacity
When looking for a compost toilet for your RV, size and capacity are two important factors to consider. A compost toilet should be small enough to fit in your RV, but also have enough capacity to handle the amount of waste produced. Before purchasing a compost toilet, measure the available space in your RV and make sure the toilet you choose will fit.
Additionally, make sure the compost toilet you choose has a large enough capacity to handle the amount of waste produced. Compost toilets come in different sizes and capacities, so it is important to read the specifications before making a purchase. Generally, compost toilets with larger capacities are more expensive, but they are often worth the cost if you are looking for a toilet that will last a long time.
Finally, consider the overall maintenance of the compost toilet. Many compost toilets require regular maintenance, such as emptying the compost tank on a regular basis. Make sure the compost toilet you select is easy to maintain and requires minimal effort. This will ensure that your compost toilet will last longer and provide you with a more efficient waste disposal system.
When shopping for a compost toilet for an RV, installation requirements should be top of mind. It’s important to consider the type of installation needed, the area you have available to install the toilet, and the tools and materials you’ll need to complete the job.
First and foremost, you’ll want to consider the type of installation. Compost toilets typically fall into two categories: permanent and portable. For a permanent installation, the toilet is permanently fixed in place, usually near the RV’s gray water tank. Portable models, on the other hand, can be removed and stored when not in use.
Next, you’ll need to assess the area you have available. If you’re installing a permanent compost toilet, you’ll need to make sure that there is enough space to mount the toilet securely. You’ll also need to consider any existing plumbing or wiring that may need to be rerouted.
Finally, you’ll need to think about the tools and materials you’ll need for the installation. If you’re installing a permanent compost toilet, you’ll need a drill, screws, and other mounting hardware. You’ll also need a wrench and a sealant to ensure a watertight seal. For a portable model, you’ll need a level, a drill, and mounting hardware.
In conclusion, when shopping for a compost toilet for an RV, it’s important to consider the type of installation, the area you have available, and the tools and materials you’ll need. With a bit of research and planning, you’ll be able to find the perfect compost toilet to suit your needs.
When selecting a compost toilet for an RV, it’s important to consider the maintenance requirements. Depending on the type of composting toilet you choose, there may be some routine maintenance that needs to be done. Here are some things to consider when researching compost toilets for your RV:
• If you select a self-contained composting toilet, you may need to replace the internal components periodically. This could include the fan, composting material, and other parts. It is important to research the replacement requirements and frequency of replacements for the model you are considering.
• If you select a remote composting toilet, you may need to periodically empty the composting bin. Make sure you research the size of the bin and the frequency of emptying that is recommended for the model you are looking at.
• Consider the availability of replacement parts for the model you are selecting. It is important to have access to replacement parts in case something needs to be repaired or replaced.
• Some composting toilets require the use of additives or conditioners to help with the composting process. Make sure you research the type of additive or conditioner that is required for the model you are considering and ensure you have access to those products.
• Consider the power requirements of the composting toilet. Does your RV have the necessary power supply to run the unit? If not, you may need to install additional wiring or purchase a generator.
With the right research and preparation, you can find a composting toilet for your RV that meets your needs and maintenance requirements.
Best Compost Toilets for an RV
Two other top contenders for composting toilets for RV owners include the Nature’s Head Self-Contained Composting Toilet and the Sun-Mar Compact Self-Contained Composting Toilet. Let’s take a closer look at their features.
Nature’s Head Self-Contained Composting Toilet
When it comes to RV composting toilets, Nature’s Head Self-Contained Composting Toilet is one of the best options available. This toilet offers several unique features that make it ideal for RV use. It is a self-contained system that utilizes a separated liquid and solid waste tank, making it easy to empty without any mess. This toilet also uses a vent fan that helps to reduce odors, making it one of the most odor-free composting toilets available. Additionally, the toilet is easy to install and features a handle-less design that allows you to move and store it with ease. Finally, the Nature’s Head Composting Toilet is eco-friendly and is designed to minimize water consumption, making it a great choice for any RV.
Sun-Mar Compact Self-Contained Composting Toilet
The Sun-Mar Compact Self-Contained Composting Toilet is an excellent choice for RV owners looking for a convenient, easy-to-maintain composting toilet. This toilet is designed to be space-efficient, making it perfect for small RVs, and is self-contained, meaning it does not require any external plumbing or electricity. It is also lightweight, making it easy to move and install.
The Sun-Mar Compact Self-Contained Composting Toilet is designed for minimal maintenance, with an integrated waterless waste-treatment system and an efficient evaporation system. The composting process is accelerated by the addition of natural and organic materials, making it an eco-friendly option for RV owners. Additionally, this composting toilet is odor-free, so it won’t cause any unpleasant smells in your RV.
Overall, the Sun-Mar Compact Self-Contained Composting Toilet is a great choice for RV owners who want the convenience and eco-friendliness of a composting toilet but don’t have the space or resources for a full-sized composting toilet. With its simple installation, minimal maintenance, and odor-free operation, the Sun-Mar Compact Self-Contained Composting Toilet is an ideal choice for RV owners looking for an easy-to-maintain composting toilet solution.
AirHead Composting Toilet
If you’re looking for a composting toilet for your RV, then the AirHead Composting Toilet is a great option. This eco-friendly toilet uses a combination of a carbon filter, aeration fan, and vent pipe to quickly break down waste into compost. It’s designed to minimize odor and to be easy to install and maintain. The AirHead Composting Toilet is a great option for RV owners who want to reduce their environmental footprint and make their travels more sustainable. With its odor-reducing features and its low-maintenance design, this composting toilet is a great choice for anyone who wants to make their RV trips more eco-friendly.
Key Considerations for Choosing a Compost Toilet for an RV
After considering the odor control, water usage, and composting efficiency of compost toilets, let’s take a closer look at each of these factors.
When choosing a compost toilet for an RV, odor control is a key consideration. The odor of a compost toilet can be significantly reduced with proper maintenance and ventilation. Make sure the compost toilet is equipped with an airtight lid to prevent odors from escaping and invest in an activated carbon filter to absorb odors. Additionally, it is important to ensure the compost chamber is emptied regularly to eliminate odors. An additional layer of odor control can be added with the use of additives like sawdust, peat moss, or compost starter. Finally, be sure to vent the compost toilet properly to help reduce the smell.
When choosing a compost toilet for an RV, one of the most important considerations is water usage. Compost toilets are designed to be water-efficient and require minimal water usage, often just a few liters per flush. However, some compost toilets can use more water than others, so it’s important to be aware of the water usage of the specific model you’re considering. Make sure to research the actual water consumption of the compost toilet you’re looking at, and compare it to other options to make sure you find the best one for your RV. Additionally, if you’re installing a compost toilet in an area with limited water access, you may want to opt for a completely water-free model.
Composting efficiency is an important factor to consider when choosing a compost toilet for an RV. The composting efficiency of a compost toilet is determined by the amount of waste it can turn into compost in a given period of time. The more efficient the composting process, the less waste is left behind and the less time it takes to turn waste into compost. It is important to consider the size of the RV, the type of composting system, and the amount of waste that will be produced when selecting a compost toilet for an RV. Additionally, the type of composting material and the method of aeration should be taken into consideration for optimal composting efficiency.
Environmental Benefits of Compost Toilets for RVs
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly way to stay comfortable on the road, investing in a compost toilet for your RV may be the perfect solution. Compost toilets provide many environmental benefits, making them a great choice for RV owners who want to reduce their environmental footprint while still enjoying their travels.
One of the biggest benefits of a compost toilet is that it eliminates the need for a septic system, which can be expensive and difficult to install in an RV. Compost toilets don’t require any plumbing or special installation, meaning you can save both time and money.
Another great benefit of compost toilets is that they don’t require any chemicals or other materials to break down waste. This means you won’t be introducing any unnatural substances into the environment, which can have a negative impact on ecosystems.
Compost toilets also use less water than conventional toilets, which is great for conserving resources. The waste produced by compost toilets is also rich in nutrients, making it an excellent fertilizer for plants and gardens.
Finally, compost toilets are much more odor-free than traditional toilets. This means you can enjoy your travels without worrying about unpleasant smells.
In short, a compost toilet is a great way to stay comfortable and reduce your environmental impact while traveling in your RV. With no installation required and no harsh chemicals used, compost toilets are a great choice for anyone looking for an eco-friendly solution.
Cost Comparison of Different Compost Toilets for RVs
|Compost Toilets for RVs||Price Range||Features|
|Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet||$1,100 – $1,200||Compact and lightweight; no external venting required; available with different handle options.|
|Separett Villa 9215 Composting Toilet||$900 – $1,000||Low-water usage; easy to install; odor-free operation.|
|Sun-Mar Excel Self-Contained Composting Toilet||$800 – $900||Low-water usage; available with different handle options; no external venting needed.|
|Airhead Composting Toilet||$500 – $600||Compact and lightweight; no water needed; available with different handle options.|
Compost Toilet Maintenance Tips for RVs
If you’re an RV owner, then you know that one of the most important parts of your vehicle is the toilet. And while traditional toilets require a lot of maintenance, compost toilets are becoming more and more popular among RV owners due to their low maintenance requirements. However, even compost toilets require some maintenance to ensure they are functioning properly and safely. Here are some of our top compost toilet maintenance tips for RV owners.
1. Make sure to empty your waste tank regularly. Compost toilets need to be emptied on a regular basis to prevent the waste from becoming too compacted or smelly. Most compost toilets have a built-in indicator that will let you know when it’s time to empty the waste tank.
2. Keep your compost toilet clean. It’s important to keep your compost toilet clean to maintain a healthy environment in your RV. Make sure you regularly clean the outside of the toilet and the seat with a mild soap and water solution.
3. Check the ventilation system. Compost toilets need a good ventilation system to function properly. Make sure the fan is working properly and that the vents are clear of any blockages. If the fan is not working, then you should replace it as soon as possible.
4. Use the right type of toilet paper. It’s important to use the right type of toilet paper with a compost toilet. Avoid using toilet paper that contains dyes or fragrances as these can cause clogging in the composting chamber.
5. Monitor the composting process. Compost toilets need to be monitored regularly to make sure they are functioning properly. Check the composting chamber every few days to make sure it is not too wet or dry. If it is too wet, then add some dry material to absorb the excess moisture.
Following these compost toilet maintenance tips for RV owners will help ensure that your compost toilet is functioning properly and safely. If you have any questions about your compost toilet, then make sure to contact a qualified technician for help.
How to Dispose of the Compost From a Compost Toilet in an RV
When it comes to living life on the road in your RV, having an efficient, eco-friendly compost toilet is a must. Compost toilets are a great way to reduce your water usage, save energy, and reduce your carbon footprint. But how do you dispose of the compost from a compost toilet in an RV?
The most important thing to remember is that it is illegal to dump human waste (or remains) on the ground anywhere. The proper way to dispose is to flush it into the sewer system, pour into a septic tank, take to a waste water treatment plant, or take it to a compost pile at a park or campground. For an RV, one of the best options is to pour it into a septic tank.
If you’re looking for a composting toilet for your RV, the OGO Compost Toilet is a great choice. With its power agitation, heat exchange, and composting process, it is perfect for those living in an RV. It also requires less water and produces less odor than traditional toilets.
When disposing of the compost, make sure to wear protective gear and gloves, and flush the toilet with plenty of water. Once the waste is in the tank, you can take it to a septic tank or waste water treatment plant. If you’re at a park or campground, you can dump the compost into the compost pile.
It is important to note that a compost toilet is only as good as the maintenance it receives. Make sure to clean the toilet regularly and check the compost for signs of mold or rot. This will help keep your RV’s waste water odor-free.
With the right maintenance and disposal plan, you can enjoy the benefits of a compost toilet in your RV with no worries. By following the tips mentioned above, you can easily dispose of the compost from a compost toilet in an RV.
Alternatives to Compost Toilets for RVs
Are you looking for an alternative to a compost toilet for your RV? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Not all RVs have the space or resources to accommodate a compost toilet, and thankfully, there are several alternatives that can help you make the most of your RV’s unique needs.
One option to consider is a chemical toilet. Chemical toilets are some of the most popular alternatives to compost toilets because they’re relatively easy to use and maintain. They use a tank of chemicals to break down waste and can be installed in almost any RV. The downside is that they need to be emptied regularly, and the chemicals can be toxic.
Another alternative is a portable toilet. Portable toilets are great for RVs because they don’t require any installation or permanent fixtures. All you have to do is fill the tank with water and use a handheld pump to flush. The downside is that they need to be emptied frequently, and the waste needs to be disposed of properly.
Finally, you could opt for a dry flush toilet. These toilets use no water and use a sealed cartridge that is disposed of after each use. They are great for RVs because they are easy to install and require no plumbing or plumbing connections. The downside is that they are more expensive than other options and the cartridges need to be replaced regularly.
No matter what type of RV you have, there’s a toilet option that’s right for you. Whether you choose a compost toilet, a chemical toilet, a portable toilet, or a dry flush toilet, you’ll be able to find the perfect solution for your RV’s unique needs.
Final Thoughts on Choosing the Best Compost Toilet for an RV
Choosing the best compost toilet for an RV is an important and often overlooked decision. Not only will the right compost toilet help keep your RV clean and hygienic, but it will also help you save money on sewage fees, reduce your environmental footprint and make your RV trips more enjoyable.
When it comes to choosing the best compost toilet for an RV, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind. Firstly, you’ll want to make sure you choose a model that’s specifically designed for use in an RV. This will ensure that it’s sized correctly, and that it’s able to withstand the rigors of travel. Secondly, you’ll want to consider the type of composting system the toilet uses. There are two main types: self-contained and separate-tank systems. Self-contained models are more convenient, as they don’t require any additional components to be installed, while separate-tank systems are more efficient, as they allow for complete composting of waste.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure you choose a compost toilet that’s easy to use and maintain. Look for models that have easily accessible components and easy-to-follow instructions. Additionally, make sure you choose a model that’s compatible with your RV’s power source, as some compost toilets require external power to function.
In short, choosing the best compost toilet for an RV involves a lot of careful consideration. Be sure to do your research and choose a model that suits your needs and budget. With the right compost toilet, you’ll be able to enjoy your RV trips in the most comfortable and hygienic way possible.
In conclusion, the best compost toilet for an RV will depend on the size and capacity, installation requirements, and maintenance requirements. Additionally, one must consider the odor control, water usage, composting efficiency, cost, and disposal of the compost. Compost toilets are beneficial for the environment and often more economical than traditional toilets. With the right compost toilet, you can enjoy the convenience of a toilet in your RV while also reducing your environmental impact.Related Post: