Are you planning to go for a RV road trip? You do not have to worry about the long driving hours as you can always lightened them by making a stop and enjoying some grilling either by yourself, family members or friends. It explains who you need to invest in the best low pressure rv grill in the market. However, due to the wide variety of models and brands in the market, most people find it difficult to identify which low pressure rv grill suits them best. In this review guide we will be looking at some best rv low pressure grill you can always rely on.
After a series of research and analysis, we did find MARTIN Portable Propane Bbq Gas Grill 14,000 Btu Porcelain Grid as the overall best low pressure grill for rv in the market. This grill comes with a 180 square inches surface area and has a very solid 12,000 BTU per hour. It is a very effective grill that comes with a safe electronic igniter.
01. MARTIN Portable Propane Bbq Gas Grill 14,000 Btu Porcelain Grid with Support Legs and Grease Pan
You do not have to waste your time shopping around for a portable gas grill that can easily cater for lots of people. Go for the MARTIN Portable Propane BBQGas Grillas it comes with a large cooking space and extra features that will ensure you have a great grilling experience.
Apart from having a large cooking space, this grill also comes well equipped with a warming rack that is retractable and a piezo ignition. It also has a low pressure regulator which can easily be adjusted. The regulator makes it possible for one to regulate the cooking temperature which enables the grill to cater for different cooking types.
This Rv grill for low pressure comes with a thermometer that is located on the grill lid to enable one read the cooking temperature. It also has a very convenient grease tray that ensures the grill is always safe and clean from any dangerous flare ups.
With a cooking space of 354 square inches and a heat power of 14,000 BTU, this gas grill has one of the best cooking performances in the market. It is also capable of connecting the low and high pressure lines. It comes with handles with are heavy duty for easy handling.It can cook fast and even while its hood can always be closed to help in retaining of moisture especially when cooking lean meat.
02. Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill Stainless Steel Two-Burner BBQ, with Foldable Leg, 20000 BTU, Perfect for Camping, Picnics or Any Outdoor Use
Giantex ranks top when it comes to the tabletop liquid propane grills that are most powerful in the market. It is one grill that you will never regret investing in.
Despite the small size of this grill, it still ranks high among the wide variety of models thanks to its sturdy construction. It is made from heavy duty stainless steel that helps in ensuring it lasts for a long period of time despite frequent use.
With a weight of just 26.5 pounds, this Giantex propane tabletop gas grill is lightweight making it possible to be picked and moved with lots of ease. It also comes with foldable legs which make it more compact. Its lid can be locked down further enabling one to carry the grill without having to worry about its inside components.
The portable nature of this gas grill makes it a great choice when it comes to camping, boating, tailgating or picnics. It is a two burner system that can produce up to 10,000 BTUs on every burner which totals 20,000 BTUs.
You will definitely love the Giantex burner system as it will heat up fast and is capable of maintaining its temperature for quite a long period of time. It’s built in burners also use separate turn and push ignition that allows one to turn either one or both of the burners depending on the type of food they are preparing.It also comes with a relatively large cooking surface that makes it possible for you to cook chicken pieces, steak or multiple burgers at the same time.
03. Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless-Steel Portable Gas Grill - Connects to Low Pressure Supply On RV, Includes RV Mounting Bracket and Folding Tabletop Legs (57305)
Are you in the market for a low pressure grill for rv that you can always rely on whenever you are travelling from one place to another? Then you need to try out this Camco 57305Olympian 5500Portable Gas Grill.
This portable low rv low pressure grill is made using stainless steel and it is of a silver color instead of the black finish as with the case with most of the grills in the market. The shape resembles that of a suitcase and it comes with a lid opening up revealing the surface for cooking. It comes with a nice handle which you can use to carry it whenever you are moving it making it extremely portable.
With a weight of just 11.7 pounds, it is lightweight and with a measurement of 24.2×14.6×11.6, it can easily fit into your car’s backseat.
PerformanceWith a cooking surface of 180 square inches, this Camco 57305 is a perfect low pressure grill for a family and friends. However, you will have to load another batch of food when the first batch is ready when you have a high number of people. Its stainless steel grates are of great quality and very effective. It has a BTU output of 12,000 which makes it cook fast and helps in taking away stress that comes with having to wait for the heat for cooking to build up.
04. Camco Olympian 6500 Stainless Steel Portable Gas Grill Connects to Low Pressure Supply On RV, (57245)
This is a perfect portable gas grill for people who would love grilling when on a trip. Its popularity has been increasing amongst the grilling lovers.
This Camco 57245 uses a stainless steel in its construction. It also comes with a smoker plate that acts as a heat diffuser. However, the smoker plate is not made of the similar commercial grade steel as its exterior parts and other components.
This best RV low pressure grill comes with sharp edges and corners which you need to keep an eye on. It is very easy to assemble and does not take time to set up. Within half an hour, you should have unboxed it and put it up for use already.
You should never have any doubt about the performance of Camco 57245 gas grill. In fact, it is a searing and direct heat grill and works best on meats and vegetables which are to be roasted and seared. It is capable of handling asparagus, fish fillets, boneless pork chops and the bratwursts.However, when you intend of grilling something that has a bone, you will be forced to take extra measures to avoid burning the outside with the inside cooking through. It emits up to 14,000 BTU in a single hour.
How to choose the best low pressure rv grill?
Due to the wide variety of low pressure grills in the market, interested buyers need to consider a number of factors to enable them get the best rv grill that will suit their need. Below are the most important factors one has to put in mind.
The portable rv grills are available in different sizes. Before you make any decision on which grill you want to buy, ensure you consider the number of people who you will be preparing food on the grill for. Consider the quantity of the food. For example, when you are in need of a low pressure portable rv grill for you and your wife, you can go for one measuring 100 square inches. However, when you are in need of one for your entire family members and friends, you can go for one measuring at least 500 square inches.
This is one of the most important factors which you should never forget to look at whenever you are shopping for the best rv low pressure grill in the market. You need a grill that you can easily carry around whenever you are travelling or moving. You need something light that you can carry outdoors without lots of hassle.
- Ease of Use
No one will need a low pressure rv grill that will consume most of their time learning to use or assembling. You will need to get a grill that requires minimum amount of work from you and produce satisfying results.
For instance, instead of going for a low pressure rv grill that will require a matchstick or a lighter to switch on, you can consider going for a grill that comes with auto igniters which are very easy to use and safe.
Although the performance ofrv grill will be of priority whenever you are in the market for one, it is also important that you ensure whatever you are buying is safe to use. There are a number of features which help in enhancing the safety of a grill which you need to check if available.
For instance, you need to ensure the construction is very stable and model is robust. With this, you will be sure the grill will never tipple over. Also check if the grill has an emergency cut off valve and keep off from grill with very sharp edges or corners.
- Materials Used
You need to keep in mind that you will be using the rv grills in areas which are exposed to hard weather elements. It is therefore advisable that you always go for one which is made with durable, long lasting and weather resistant materials. Most of the grills are usually made of stainless steel which is the best material although they are a little bit heavier.
There are also grills which are made of aluminum offering same durability as those made of stainless steel only that they are much lighter.
The RV grills are always available in varying prices. You need to know how much you are going to spend in buying a grill. This will enable narrow down on your options as you will be focusing on grills that are within your budget.Never go for the cheapest grills in the market. Most probably they will not last for long. The most expensive are not the best either. Check what features RV grill has in relation to your budget and go for one that you can afford without breaking your bank.
What is low pressure gas grill?
A low pressure gas grill refers to a grill that is capable of cooking foods using low pressure gas. Most of them do use a liquid propane gas that comes from a tank which is hooked next to the grill. The low pressure gas grills are very easy to light and it takes up to 10 minutes for it to get hot enough to enable burgers to be thrown into. When you are done, you can turn off the gas which is very easy to do.You can use the grills in roasting and searing. It is also possible to use the gas grills in preparing different quantities of foods depending on the number of people. There are models which are meant for one or two people while other models can be used for an entire family.
Benefits of low pressure gas grill for RV
There are a number of benefits that comes with using the low pressure gas grill for rv. In this section, we will be looking some of the main benefits.
As you already know, the low pressure gas grills are lightweight which is mainly attributed to their lightweight nature. With their lightweight nature, one does not have to worry about carrying them along whenever they are travelling. Their compact design also makes them convenient to transport.
Like we already mentioned in the buyer’s guide section, increased portability is one of the main benefits you will ever get from the low pressure gas rv grill. It is one feature that makes the grills easy to transport whenever you are moving and user friendly to people who want to enjoy the outdoor adventure.
The low pressure gas grills are not that costly which makes them to be easily affordable by even people who are on tight budget. They are available in varying price ranges making it possible for one to go for a grill that suits his or her budget. Despite their affordable prices, they do have great features which will make your grilling experience amazing.
How do you hook up a gas grill to an RV?
There are a number of things any RV gas grill owner needs to know in order to have a great cooking experience. Connecting gas grill to an RV is one of the things any RV owner should know. Here are steps on how one can connect the gas grill to RV.
- There is no direct way of connecting the grill to an RV tank as one has to modify their tank first.
- You have to get to the location of the tank. Propane moves from the tank to the regulator and onto the mainline to the propane appliances.
- You will then have to add a tee which is also known as extends a stay or stay a while. With this, you will be in a position of feeding a tee off to the other items making it possible to connect the hose from the propane tank.
- The type of tee you require is a 15 psi regulator that assists in preventing high pressure from getting to the RV side. It is required as high pressure propane as it will help create oily pile up inside the hose. Tee will allow the propane which has been pressurized to move all the way to the grill.
- You will not just tee into the downstream regulator side line where it has been cut. It is because whenever you do hook it up on a propane tank, you will always be placing high pressure propane on the regulators downstream side up to the RV which you should never do. It means you will have to regulate the pressure.
- You will have to get the hose attached to the regulator and drill through the side out. With this, you will help in stop the hose from preventing you from closing the door. Ensure that you always use a protective sleeve and that you always add fitting to the hose’s end that will got into the quick connect and to the other side of quick connect for the grill to be attached permanently.
- Whenever you have to use the gas grill, you just have to hook it up and tighten the protective cap. It is also possible to disconnect it.
How do you fix low gas pressure?
There are times when you might experience low gas pressure which can lead to lots of problems such as not being in a position to keep the heat. In this section, we will be looking at how you can fix the low gas pressure.
- Start off by checking the gas pressure against the levels you are meant to have.
- The gas gauge can always be found at your service line or you can always contact your gas provider to help you get an update on your current gas pressure levels.
- In most cases, the issues concerning gas pressure comes from the gas company. In such a case, the gas company will be in a position of fixing the gas issues by themselves.
- Switch off all the extraneous gas uses. For example, when you have a hot water heater, gas stove, house heater or a fire place all working at the same time, this can be the cause of low pressure. Consider leaving only one device working at any given time and check the pressure levels. Overuse is also another probable cause of the low pressure as you can only bring lots of gas at once.
- Check if there are any gas leaks. You can make use of the gas hand held detector moving from one room to another checking if there any levels. You can also check the gas pipes and see if there are any forms of leaks at the joints.
- Close the gas and drain the system. Replace the part of the pipe which is damaged using a new part. You can do this by cutting the pipe section that is damaged using a hack saw and placing a new pipe into the gap.
- Thereafter, switch on your torch and melt a solder line around the connecting part. Give the joints time to dry before you restore pressure.
- You can now check the levels of the gas again after the pipe has been fixed. Ensure the levels do not increase and check the pressure levels. In case the levels are still low, then there might be some more leakages and you will need to get them.
How do you test a gas grill regulator?
The regulator on the gas grills helps in controlling the pressured fuel amount flowing to the burners of the grill. In case your grill is not burning well, you can always switch off the propane tank and have the regulator hose disconnected from the burner line. You can thereafter reconnect the hose and have the propane tank turned on which will reset the regulator.
You can use the following procedure to help you test if your gas grill regulator is working well.
- Have an equal solution of water and liquid dishwashing soap mixed in a small container
- Have the solution liberally brushed over the hose regulator connection at the lines of the burner and the tank connection
- Open the supply by turning the valve of propane tank in a counter clockwise direction. Keep eyes for bubbles that come from the connection of the propane tank.
- Turn one of the grill burners slowly and see if there are any bubbles around the connection burner line.
- When necessary, tighten the connections and retest until such a time that there are no bubbles which are visible whenever the supply of gas is open.
How to clean the low pressure RV gas grill
It is important that you maintain your RV gas grill well so as to prolong its lifespan. Regular cleaning is one way you can always use to prolong the lifespan of your gas grill. You need to clean the grates every time you are done with using the grill and have the other grill parts used at least once every season.
Below is a guide on how you can clean your rv gas grill.
- Start by preheating the grill for approximately 15 minutes on a high heat. With this, you will be in a position to loosen the grease or food leftovers to make them easier to do away with.
- Switch off the gas and use a wet stiff wire brush to scrub the grates.
- Add dish soap to help in dissolving the grease. After scrubbing the grates using a brush, wipe them using a damp cloth. The oil will help in preventing from getting stuck onto the grates.
- Clean the heat deflectors to help in protecting against any flare ups. Ensure you always remove them before cleaning.
- The burners will also have to be cleaned on more often so as to help in preventing gas ports blockage. You can then remove the grill burners and scrub them using a stiff wire brush. Wash the valve of the burner.
- It will be very easy to clean the cook box using a brush when the pieces are still outside. When you are through with cleaning, dry each piece using a towel and have them installed back.
- In case the exterior of the grill is made of stainless steel, you can use a microfiber cloth or a specialized cleaner.
We do hope that this best low pressure rv grill has been of great help to you. For sure, it does not matter what grill with attract your eyes, you will now be in a position of making the right decision on which RV grill to purchase. However, before you make any decision on which RV low pressure grill to purchase, it is important that you take your time and go through the buyer’s guide section to enable you know what features to look out when shopping for a grill that suits your needs.
How many PSI is a low pressure propane regulator?
Propane pressure is usually fixed at a particular pressure which can be 10 psi or 20 psi. The attenuation of the gas delivered to the device is usually done using needle control valve or an inline ball valve that is situated on the hose.
What is the pressure on a gas grill regulator?
The high pressure regulator is responsible for regulating the pressure output from 1 psi to a maximum of 60 psi. However, there are different high pressure regulators which are currently available in the market with some bring preset.
Why is my gas grill flame so low?
There are a number of factors which can lead to a low flame such as propane tank leaking, the regulator being faulty, orifices being blocked or the OPD devices being tripped. When rotating the knobs in a clockwise direction on the gas grill and the flame size does not increase, you will need to trouble shoot some of the areas which can be causing low flame.
How do I know if my gas grill regulator is bad?
There are a number of signs that will help reveal possible problems with the regulator for propane gas. Some of the signs include:
- Burners making roaring noises
- Huge soot deposits
- Noise whenever you are turning the gas burner on or off
- Floating of flames above the burner ports
- Formation of flame at the air intake of the burner
- Spilling out of flames at the burner
How do you fix a low flame on a gas grill?
To fix the low flame on the gas grill, you will have to resent the regulator by turning the burners off. Switch off the propane tank and remove the hose from tank. Turn the knobs of burner to a high for a period of two minutes when the lid of your gas grill is open and switch it off again. You can now reconnect the hose to the propane tank and turn the gas on.